Join our team
A Landmark Career
We see our staff as far more than cogs in a machine.
Each person at The Landmark Practice brings unique skills and experience to our consultancy and has the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects from inception through to delivery. We fully support professional development. Continuous learning is actively encouraged to broaden skill bases and nurture careers.
We are proud to have worked safely and productively throughout the Pandemic without redundancies or furloughing a single member of our team.
We are seeking superb candidates to join our friendly team …
We deliver high quality professional work with a strong emphasis on effective and innovative solutions in design and planning. As part of our friendly team you will be working alongside our landscape architects, ecologists and environmental planners, where you will be involved in all stages of project development, from tendering through to completion.
If you think that you can bring value to our award winning, independent consultancy then please take a look at our vacancies below.
The Landmark Practice is seeking superb candidates to join our friendly, high calibre team.
Experienced Landscape Planner (full or part time)
You should possess sound knowledge and experience of landscape planning, in particular significant experience of leading on landscape and visual impact assessments.
Ideally you will have at least five years’ experience working in the private or public sector. You should also have a genuine interest in working in a multi-disciplinary environment, where ecologists and environmental planners work with the landscape team to deliver an integrated approach.
The key candidate requirements for the role are:
- Experience of delivering landscape work (LVIA, TVIA and EIA technical reports landscape strategies and masterplans)
- Understanding and experience of working in the UK planning system
- A confident, positive and proactive approach
- Good communication skills and ability to prepare clear, concise output
- Excellent time and task management skills
- A full UK driving licence
Hours: Full time (part time considered)
Due to a steadily increasing order book, we are currently seeking a Senior or Principal Ecologist to join us.
The key requirements for the role are:
- SENIOR at least five years’ relevant consultancy experience and membership of CIEEM;
- PRINICIPAL at least eight year’s relevant consultancy experience and membership of CIEEM;
- experience of managing complex projects;
- strong project management skills and client facing;
- ability to inspire and encourage junior members of staff;
- strong survey and assessment skills;
- held EPS mitigation licences within the last three years (Senior: advantageous) (Principal: essential);
- experience of EIA and HRA;
- hold protected species licences (Senior: advantageous) (Principal: essential);
- understanding of the UK planning process and legal framework;
- hold a full UK driving licence;
- have an ecological/environmental related degree;
- Supporting business development and tenders;
- Understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain and UK Habs
What we offer
Landmark’s success comes from our outstanding team! We believe in investing in the right people and offer an inspiring and supportive working environment. Many members of our team joined Landmark early in their careers and have progressed to senior and principal level. Our aim is to support everyone in developing their career and encourage our team to develop their skills through a range of CPD.
We recognise the importance of maintaining an appropriate work-life balance and have an active TOIL policy and offer flexible working. You will also benefit from technical, leadership and H&S training and paid membership of your professional body.
If you are interested in the type of work that we do, and would like to be a member of a Practice that prides itself on offering high quality service and delivering environmentally responsible and innovative solutions, we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for either of the above roles, please send a full CV and a covering letter, via e-mail to: email@example.com